Chia seed pudding is a versatile, healthy, and easy to make keto-friendly snack or dessert option. It’s made by mixing chia seeds with a liquid of your choice, such as almond milk, coconut milk or heavy cream, and then letting it sit in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight to thicken up. The result is a creamy, pudding-like consistency.
Here is a basic recipe:
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk or coconut milk or heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons sweetener of your choice (optional)
- Fresh fruit, nuts, or shredded coconut for topping (optional)
- In a bowl or jar, mix together the chia seeds, almond milk or coconut milk, vanilla extract and sweetener if using.
- Cover the bowl or jar and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Stir the mixture before serving.
- Add any desired toppings like fresh fruits, nuts or shredded coconut.
Keep in mind that chia seeds are high in fiber and calories, so it’s important to be mindful of portion sizes when consuming chia seed pudding as part of a ketogenic diet.
Benefits of Chia Seed Pudding:
There are multiple benefits of Chia seed pudding, some of them are mentioned below
- Good in weight loss
- Good in suger/diabetes patients
- Good for heart patients
- easy to make
Using Chia seed in food has health benefits, like lowering blood pressure, improve digestive system.